Currently seeking Sheetmetal Technicians with 2 years of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience on aircraft in Savannah, GA
The Sheetmetal Technician I works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.
S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Drilling Closer Tolerance Holes
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality.Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities.
- Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
- Sign off drawings and Work Order items.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved Gulfstream repair station procedures.
- Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality.
- Use the resource planning system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Effectively use technical reference materials.Learn how to find information.
Additional Functions: 1. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.) 2. Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. 3. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. 4. Comply with safety rules and procedures. 5. Perform other duties as assigned.