High School degree or GED. Completion of
formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment. Three
(3) years quality inspection experience. Five (5) years manufacturing
experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase
Manufacturing, Composites, or Final Phase in a timely and efficient
manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and
installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings
and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures
and instructions, and other related documents.
2. Perform preliminary
and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify
functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify
paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process
3. Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure
compliance with FAA approved procedures.
4. Perform transfer and
5. Ensure the proper use and storage of area
tools and equipment.
6. Conduct work in a manner that enhances
own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk
reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations,
and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for
control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the
Safety program at the local level.
Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors.
Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and
3. Provide technical support to manufacturing,
engineering and IPT personnel.
4. Perform duties of MRB signature
5. Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with
applicable standards and specifications.
6. Lead continuous improvement
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proficient in GAC CATIA or blueprint reading and
interpretation, GAC work instructions, technical specifications and GAC
2. Competent in the use of all job related tools and