Section Manager - Mechanical Engineer III
Raytheon Technologies •
Raytheon Intelligence & Space Electronic Warfare team is seeking a Section Manager - Mechanical Engineer III. We are seeking a highly motivated leader that will serve as the official point of contact to maintain close liaison with various stakeholders, creating a spirit of partnership that will provide business and technical advice and ensure the results of the program in EWS.
The selected candidate will ensure that all EWS programs/activities are performed and completed in a timely, cost-effective and efficient manner without compromising the quality of the performance and deliverables. Moreover, the candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, instructing, and managing technical staff, administrative, financial, contractual, and personnel. The selected candidate exercises ownership and operational control while retaining full responsibility for the performance of assigned work. Duties include but not limited to:
- Collecting and managing the Prime Program’s requirements and ensures that the EWS Programs and personnel are fulfilling these requirements
- Develops and maintains relationships and networks with other areas within RI&S
The candidate must have an outstanding ability to provide technical guidance and act as a mentor to their staff. In addition, they must be adept at making technical presentations and establishing customer relationships (Internal & External). The candidate shall be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to lead by example, possessing excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and maintain positive relationships and satisfaction with functional and program key team members.
- 10 years' experience in technical management, workforce solutions, line or program management
- Demonstrated leadership skills through experience leading a section, department, IPT, or equivalent
- Must have proven experience in managing a matrixed organization; leading by influence
- Knowledge of system and/or engineering requirements
- Experience interfacing with senior leaders
- Proficient Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint) experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate needs, resolve issues and develop staff
- Excellent performance in engineering management
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills including leading matrixed teams, Demonstrated ability to impact; action-oriented leader who values collaborative teaming
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans. Strategic mind-set capable of tackling complex problems
- Demonstrated results in managing complex program task prioritization, planning, staffing, scheduling, and conflict resolution.
- US Citizenship is required as this position will require a DoD Security clearance within 1st year of employment
Required Education (including Major):
- Familiarity with workforce planning and labor forecasting tools (eSTAFF), program management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) and financial systems
- Experience with Data analytics and modeling
- Qualified R6-sigma specialist
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM field - Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)