Senior Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Collins Aerospace •
Date Posted:Country:Location:This position is for an experienced Mechanical Engineer. Executes elements of product development activities and testing. Responsible for enhancing commonality and optimization of product and components. Role will primarily be focused on the design and development of products on Missile Systems programs. Experience in Actuation design is a plus.Primary Responsibilities:• Manage elements of product development activities including cost estimates, implementation of standard specifications, drawing board layout and interpretation, and development of performance or maintenance requirements.
• Execute test and qualification for systems, sub-systems, and components. Review test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
• Enhance commonality and optimization of product & components.
• Test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess operating condition effects and necessity of modification.
• Produce parts, specifications, designs, or sketches for machines, components, systems or work orders / purchase requests
• Work with quality clinic and related departments to support the test and verification of field issues.
• Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems in areas including, but not limited to, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
• Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• May evaluate and analyze various mechanical products to determine their cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
• May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions
Basic Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience ORAdvance degree and 3 years of relevant experience ORIn absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is requiredMust be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holderPreferred Qualifications:Actuation Design experience is a plusDoD Security Clearance is a plusRelocation to Vergennes, VT is preferable post COVID
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)