Senior FEA Mechanical Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
As a Senior FEA Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of the mechanical engineering team with various assignments to project teams for development of complex mechanical solutions that meet the challenges of a tactical computing environment. Your role will consist of conducting Finite Element Analysis (stress and thermal), evaluate mechanical designs and recommend appropriate design approaches based on results. You will be involved with new product designs utilizing CAD, and will support the troubleshooting of existing design failures.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform detailed stress and thermal Finite Element Analysis (FEA) (such as modal, transient, SRS)
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project
- Develop CAD project drawings and review drawings from team members for accuracy
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Finite Element Analysis Experience
- Ability to use and/or learn ANSYS and Autodesk CFD software
- Ability to use and/or learn PTC CREO software for mechanical design
- Experience in mechanical design/drafting of electronic packaging
Citizenship and Security
- Must be a US person.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LEL
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)