Field Aerospace has been providing specialized services to the international aerospace industry for over 75 years. We’re one of the oldest, most knowledgeable and most experienced aircraft companies in North America serving private and public sector clients since 1947. We have over 500 employees across 4 North American locations. Our corporate office is in Cincinnati, Ohio and our engineering and manufacturing locations are based in Oklahoma City, Toronto, and Calgary. As a market innovator, we&39;re committed to constantly meeting new requirements and technological opportunities by always adapting to embrace the dramatic changes the world of aviation has undergone. We’re looking for Sheet Metal Technician III&39;s to take flight with us. This position will be based on-site out of our Oklahoma City, OK production facility.
Field Aerospace offers a flexible work schedule including a 9x80 schedule and a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and short-term and long-term disability insurance, company paid life insurance, 401(k), health savings and flexible spending accounts, generous vacation and paid holidays, and 9x80 schedule.
The Sheet Metal Technician III works under limited supervision performing structural modification, fabrication and/or repair within the estimated timeline in accordance with approved documentation, aircraft structural manual and industry and/or military standards on aircraft airframe, appliances and parts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of employees and techniques and complete work in innovative and effective ways.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensure parts/assembly meets requirements.
- Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structures
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection
- Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Maintain and use proper documentation IAW Company policies and procedures
- Align and assembles parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per modification drawings, engineering requests and applicable technical manuals
- Plan and organize workloads and resource requirements to meet or exceed goal hours and schedule expectations.
- Perform Mechanic in Charge (MIC) duties with management approval as required
- High School diploma/GED
- Minimum 4 or more years related experience
- Four (4) years aircraft maintenance experience on airframe structural modification and fabrication
- Two (2) years accredited schooling in aircraft maintenance
This position requires an initial physical exam upon a contingent offer of employment. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in tight, confined areas.
- Ability to life 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or bend for prolonged periods of time.
Field Aerospace is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or other characteristics protected by law.
In order to comply with Export Control Laws and the NISPOM, we must secure all governmental approvals that are required to authorize our workforce to work on our defense and government programs. To ensure we comply with these regulations in a manner that does not violate our equal opportunity employment/non-discrimination compliance obligations, Field maintains the following recruitment policy:
• All applicants, including applicants that may work remotely, must be eligible to secure a U.S. security clearance.