Sheet Metal Mechanic - A&P License Preferred -NOT REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Currently seeking a Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic that possess an A&P License to work on Commercial Aircraft in Minneapolis, MN
A&P REQUIREDLocal Candidates are Ideal
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Read work orders, job instruction cards, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts or structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
- Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
- Clean, strip, prime and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
- High School Diploma / GED Required
A&P PREFERRED - Airframe and Powerplant License NOT REQUIRED, but MUST have at least 3-5 years Aviation Sheetmetal Experience
- Airframe and Powerplant license not required but must have at least 3-5 years aviation sheetmetal experience.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, engineering orders, etc, with very little to no assistance.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently. (i.e., IPC, AMM, OHM, SRM.)
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records check prior to beginning work.
- Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.A valid clear driver's license.
As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are subject to a drug test.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC