Sheetmetal Lead - 5k Hiring Bonus
Avionics 1st •
Force Aviation is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Sheetmetal Technician Lead, this is a working lead position and will instrumental in building the Sheetmetal Department.
The Sheetmetal Technician position will be responsible for inspecting, repair, servicing, and maintaining airframe systems and components in a safe and professional manner. This position requires attention to detail, self-motivated, great attitude and team player.
This position will work closely with our maintenance and avionics departments on Airframe Repair, Airframe Mods and installation of STC’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perform in depth sheet metal repairs or modifications for damage found during inspections, service bulletins or airworthiness directives, as well as the installation of airframe mods.
- Must be able to read, understand and accomplish maintenance manual procedures.
- Must be able to research and order parts.
- Must be able to accomplish tasks within allotted time, and communicate with Supervisor.
- Ensuring that the repair and installations of all articles and components are done in accordance with FAA Regulations, Manufacture’s Technical Data and Approved Engineering Data.
- The proper handling of all parts while in repair/Installation process.
- Review work orders to ensure that all inspections and corrective actions have been properly performed on all completed work and that the proper inspection records, reports, and forms used by the Repair Station were properly executed prior to releasing the product for return to service.
- Ensure the project plan for each aircraft meets expectations outlined in the Workscope and adheres to the respective timeline.
- Work closely with Inspectors in order to prevent time wastage due to unnecessary delays, interruptions and duplicate work.
- To ensure that the work being performed is in a clean and orderly manner, and all shop equipment is put back to proper location after use.
- Experience with Repair Station requirements is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex, and fast paced environment.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, independent, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that promote and foster a team culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and results focused.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Office and Windows.
- High School Diploma.
- Must have a FAA Airframe & Powerplant License; Inspection Authorization Certificate preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Minimum of 10 years aviation maintenance experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of FAA 145 Repair Station experience.
- Experience developing structural data for DER approval
Paid Holidays - Paid Vacation
Competitive Salary-Based on Experience
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)