Sheetmetal Mechanic - SC
HSGI, Inc. •
Performs modification of P-3 and or C-130 aircraft and major subassembly's.
Must be able to:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Need Date: Dec 3, 2018 or Jan, 2019
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Perform difficult structural pick-up and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, or fittings in completed skinned assemblies
- Perform tasks utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, brake, drill press, and pneumatic riveter
- Perform such final assembly operations as pick-up and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages, and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes
- Complete installation of and fit such items as clamps, brackets, angles, longerons, supports, bulkheads, battery boxes, and component parts such as avionics equipment
- Perform trimming, milling operations, reforming and altering parts and structures as required. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
3 Years of P-3 and/or C-130 Aircraft Structural Modification ExperienceSheetmetal Mechanics are required to complete a skills assessment. This assessment is on day 2 after day 1 Orientation. The Sheetmetal assessment last approximately 9 hours. Must provide personal tools and shadowed toolbox required by the Company. Personal tool inventory list must be completed prior to arrival See the minimum tool list for Sheetmetal Mechanics and Greenville Toolbox Shadowing Guidelines attached to emailCandidates must pass a tool inspection on their first day or they will not be permitted to work (inventory sheet in the attached Toolbox List)
Job Ident #: