Sheetmetal Technician - 1st shift
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for Sheet Metal Technicians for our client in Long Beach, CA
If interested, please call 800-234-8644 x 20206 and send resume to email@example.com
Position Purpose:The Sheetmetal Technician II works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
2. Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
3. Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
4. Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications.
5. Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
6. Assist in monthly 5S audits.
7. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work. 8. Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
Additional Functions:1. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.).
2. Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use.
3. Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment.
4. Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
5. Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft.
6. Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership.
7. Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other transportation equipment.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
5. Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal installation and fabrication work.
6. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
7. Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
8. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Health insurancePaid holidaysWeekly payrollImmediate 401(k) eligibilityCompletion BonusesTrainingPlease note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC