Space Element Structures and Mechanisms Subsystem Lead
Lockheed Martin •
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Within Space Protection Programs (SPP), we dare to do the impossible. We develop space platforms and payloads to meet emerging customer needs. Within our fast-paced build-test-learn lifecycle, we have an appetite to approach problems differently to enable big missions in small vehicles. If you’re a creative engineer looking to help lead the next generation of missions, we invite you to consider joining our team.
We are seeking a Structures and Mechanisms Subsystem (SMS) Engineer to lead a team of hardworking engineers in the development of small satellite systems. In this role, you’ll be the Responsible System Engineer (RSE) / Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) for the program’s space element SMS hardware, inclusive of the space vehicle and associated suppliers, space vehicle deployment systems, and launch package isolation system. Your team will support requirements allocation, design and oversight of the vehicle mechanical layout, primary and secondary structure, various mechanisms, stress and dynamics analysis, kinematic analysis, and drawings release leading to the manufacture of engineering development units and flight articles. As a lead, you’ll also manage the schedule and associated costs for the SMS subsystem from major program milestones through final verification and test.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Experienced with CREO or similar CAD software
• Experience with flight hardware design, analysis, manufacturing, and integration
• Fundamental understanding of structures, mechanisms, thermal products, materials, and processes
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Secret security clearance; US citizenship is required
• Previous experience leading teams
• Previous Responsible System Engineer (RSE) or Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) experience
• Previous Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation, including SAP, Q-notes, test procedures, etc
• Previous experience in the technical oversight of suppliers
• Stress and Dynamics Analysis
• Knowledge of CIPS related to system analyses.
• Familiar with transportation and launch operations.
• Experience using EPDM Windchill and SAP
• Active TS/SCI
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)