Sr. Aircraft Tech (Sheetmetal) HIGH PAY RATE! - Columbus, MS
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS is seeking an Sr. Aircraft Technician (Sheetmetal) for an open position in Columbus, MS.
In your role you will:
- Perform detailed Sheetmetal modifications and repairs on multiple airframes or parts as assigned by the lead technician.
- Tasks include assembly, fabrication and installation of Sheetmetal components or aircraft parts and maintenance/repair of helicopters to support delivery schedule.
- Performs Sheetmetal installations and fittings on multiple Airbus Helicopters airframes (H145, H125, H130, H135, H160, UH-72A).
- Performs layout of Sheetmetal parts by measuring and scribing in preparation for cutting and forming operations.
- Performs installations of major and minor modifications per STC instructions.
- Performs cutting, joining and clearance of Sheetmetal structure per design drawing and standard practices.
- Prepares patterns and/or templates to simplify installation processes and to assure proper dimensions.
- Assures that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operation and function.
- Conducts close out inspections prior to signing off confirmation of work performed.
- Makes adjustments to latches, windows, cowlings and covers.
- Utilizing engineering blueprints, installs prototype parts and close tolerance materials to print for certification purposes.
- Performs sealing of installations. Sealant installations must meet quality guidelines for both form and function.
- Performs adjustments to ensure fit on new installations and modifications.
- Use a variety of standard and specialized hand tools, power equipment, measuring devices and test equipment in completing work assignments.
- Assist in providing new project quotes for manpower guidelines as directed by management.
- Performs inspections on helicopter fuselages, dynamic and hydraulic components.
- Reads and interpret manufacturer's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Applies Sheetmetal repair schemes to aircraft utilizing drawings and blueprints.
- Applies skillsets and experience to assure performed repairs are within tolerance.
- Completes forms and records pertaining to completion of assigned work, within SAP system and manually in workbooks per repair station manual.
- Maintains responsibility to keep scrap at minimum levels within work area.
- Assure that completed work complies with FAA regulations, customer requirements, and company specifications.
- Maintains close working relationship with assigned Management with regard to schedules, priorities, availability of parts, supplies and tools, and special instructions as required.
- Assists with training of new Sheetmetal personnel with OJT.
- Updates aircrafts logs and records in accordance with repair station guidelines.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum six (6) years of sheet metal installation and/or sheet metal repair experience on aircraft.
- Must be able to work within estimated time guidelines in accordance with applicable company, FAA, and customer standards of quality.
- A basic knowledge of performing assembly, installation, troubleshooting, repair or replacement of aircraft components and systems.
- Knowledge of operational checks of complete systems and the diagnosis of malfunctions or failures and repairs to mitigate them.
- Read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Requires familiarity with FAA certified repair station policies and procedures.
- A basic understanding of mechanical systems and sheet metal drawings, blueprints, and engineering data is required.
- Minimum six (6) years of Helicopter and/or applicable vendor STC Sheetmetal installation and modification experience.
- Trade School or military equivalent in aviation Sheetmetal is preferred.
- Current Airframe and Powerplant license.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)