PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS is seeking a Sr. Machinist for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under minimal supervision using conventional and N/C equipment manufactures, repair, rework and inspect a wide range of complex machine parts both new and customer property from engineering drawings/specifications using written or computer based instructions.
1.Setup and proficiently operate conventional machining equipment and must be familiar with N/C equipment.
2.Manufacture and repair a wide range of complex detail parts and customer property from engineering drawings/specifications, dispositions and plaster cast.
3.Plans and lays out work from engineering drawings and specifications.
4.Performs all calculations of material and selects proper cutting tools and determines speeds and feeds for optimal performance.
5.Sets up and uses precision measuring tools and checks own work for conformance to specifications.
6.Design and manufacture shop aids for prototyping.
7.Assist and trains junior level machinist.
8.Communicates detailed turnovers to other machinist, verbally and written.
1.Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
2.Operate cart and forklift. 3.Complies with all 5S and Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
4.Must be able to access, analyze and interpret three dimensional electronic models.
5.Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5 yrs machining exp or equivalent, to include at least 2 yrs vocational/technical training.
- Must be able to read and understand complicated blueprints, sketches and tool designs.
- See Other Requirements in Job Description.
- Must be able to work any shift
- Setup and proficiently operate conventional machining equipment as well N/C equipment.
- 5 axis Mazak Mill and lathe experience preferred. Mazak Palletech experience a plus.
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and N/C engineering
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)