Butler Aerospace & Defense •
Senior Mechanic (Testing Facilities)
$45 ph (W2)
This position will assist in the test development lab facilities in the Torrance facility. Support will be provided in test floor utilization planning, installation and removal of equipment, energy sources such as electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, liquid nitrogen, etc. Provides additional support to the Lab Supervisor in maintaining lab area safety including performance of regular safety audits and working with responsible managers to maintain a safe work environment.
• Possible Aircraft & Power Plant License \ experience - preferred
• Hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge\ hands on experience with pressures up to 10,000PSI
• Awareness and use of LN2 for cooling
• Machine shop experience with lathe, mill, drill press, belt sander etc.
• Fabrication experience with sheet metal, aluminum and SS Tubing fabrication.
• Some experience with Hydraulic pumps, regulators and valves
• Basic electrical knowledge with 480 VAC 3 phase, 208 VAC 1 phase, 115VAC, some DC and 115\208 VAC, 400 HZ
• Some experience with electronic programing of controls and instrumentation
• Working in team environment and by self
• Experience with MS Office and Project and use of computer
• Assist with test area layouts with facilities and EHS personnel
• Variety of working hours - overtime
In order to satisfactorily meet the requirements of this position, it is expected that the your background would include:
• Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or A&P certificate
• [Hydraulic] Minimum one year of additional hydraulic/pneumatic systems education/training or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of [electrical trades; hydraulic fabrication and maintenance; machine maintenance] experience
Job Ident #: