- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, math, engineering or scientific discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience with mechanical/electromechanical hardware design and analysis
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extremely strong first-principles engineering fundamentals
- 3+ years of technical project leadership
- 10+ years of professional experience in mechanical design and analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in design, CAD, FEA, GD&T, defining test plans, designing test setups, and executing hardware environmental qualification tests
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- Domain knowledge including battery monitoring techniques, cell and pack failure modes and failure mitigation, high voltage safety
- Experience designing high-power electrical components (e.g. high voltage (100+V) batteries, motors, solar, or energy storage systems), or high-power radio-frequency (RF) mechanical components
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, managers, and suppliers
- Demonstrated understanding of structural analysis and failure modes of complex mechanical systems
- Hands-on experience with mechanism/structures design, prototyping, and precision mechanical assembly
- Must be willing to travel as needed to Starbase launch facility – Brownsville, TX
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and mission milestones
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Mechanical Engineer/Senior: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.