Staff Mechanical Analysis Support Engineer
Lockheed Martin •
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is one of four Lockheed Martin business areas. MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. MFC develops, manufactures and supports advanced combat, missile, rocket, manned and unmanned systems for military customers that include the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, NASA and dozens of foreign allies.
This is a great opportunity for experienced IT/Engineer professional to obtain a staff level application support position supporting the mechanical analysis tools at Missile and Fire Control. This position will provide license management, application server maintenance, software installations, and troubleshooting problems for our engineer end users. Support will be provided to classified and unclassified networks.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Womans University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Engineering and/or IT background supporting mechanical analysis (stress, thermal, optics, materials, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the CAE process and end users
- Knowledge of license management
- Experience with end user support
- Bachelor’s degree focus in an Engineering or Information Technology field
- Nine or more years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree OR seven or more with a Master's
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering analysis COTS software packages (e.g. Nastran, Hyperworks. Abaqus, Ansys, etc.)
- Programming/scripting skills to automate repetitive tasks
- Advanced LINUX and Windows knowledge.
- Independent/self motivated worker with the ability to multi-task
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)