Structural Installer/Sheet Metal Mechanic
SES - Science & Engineering Services •
- Installs units, parts, equipment, and components in structural assembly, according to drawings and specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
- Replace worn aircraft body parts, flight control surfaces, fuel cell and tank cleaning and restoration, pylon and windshield replacements
- Follows strict dimension tolerances and compliance to FAA maintenance bulletins based on supplied engineering blueprints
- May operate gas-based Arc welding equipment, brazing equipment, centering tools, riveting tools and other prescribed sheet metal and structural maintenance tools.
- Remove dented or worn out aircraft sheet metal and structural parts
- Cut, trim, bend and smooth sheet metal parts, ensuring proper fit within tolerances and clearance parts
- Understand and interpret engineering blueprints, illustrations and specifications to determine layouts, sequences of operations, identities and relationship of parts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA A&P or appropriate military occupational specialty training required.
- Five years’ experience required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)