PDS is seeking a Structural Mechanic I for an open position in Savannah, GA
**No personal tools required**
In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
2. Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
3. Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
4. Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
5. Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
6. Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
7. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
8. Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
9. Support Lean Activities.