Currently seeking Structural Mechanics in Savannah, GA
In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Drilling Close Tolerance Holes
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
- Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.