Structural Mechanic II
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS is seeking a Structural Mechanic II for an open position in Savannah, GA
In your role, you will:
In a team oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions:1. Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements. 2. Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structure. 3. Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets. 4. Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection. 5. Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs). 6. Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners. 7. Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity. 8. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program, and complies with all safety regulations. 9. Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks. 10. Support Lean Activities.
Additional Functions: 1. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED. Two (2) years related structural assembly experience. Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
SmarTeam, Catia, Solumina experience is a plus
1. Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
2. Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment.
3. Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole numbers.
4. Basic computer skills.
5. Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
6. Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
7. Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
8. Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
9. Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
10. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
11. Must be able to work any shift.
12. Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)