Structural Mechanic Sr., Savannah, GA - LONG TERM- NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Currently seeking Sheetmetal Assembly Mechanics in Savannah, GA with a Mimimum of 4 Years Structural Assembly Experience. S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Drilling Closer Tolerance Holes
In a team oriented work environment, independently performs a variety of structural assembly operations using required tools and appropriate prints, specs and operational requirements to complete work assignment, and ensure conformance to specification. Assists and instructs other team members.
- Use ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of employees and techniques and completes work in innovative and effective ways.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structures.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection.Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).Align and assembles parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Must have experience with aircraft structural repairs and modification. Aircraft wing experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Q-Stamp preferred.
- Four (4) years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumnia and Smarteam preferred.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC