In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
2. Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
3. Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
4. Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
5. Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
6. Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
7. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations.
8. Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
9. Support Lean Activities.
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
2. Read and interpret 6” scale.
3. Basic computer skills.
4. Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
5. Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
6. Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
7. Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
8. Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
9. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
10. Must be able to work any shift.
11. Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.