Structures Mechanic I - Brunswick, Georgia 18093
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sheet Metal Technician with commercial C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Brunswick, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sheetmetal Technician I works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality. 2.
- Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities.
- Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
- Sign off drawings and Work Order items.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved Gulfstream repair station procedures.
- Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality.
- Use the resource planning system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Effectively use technical reference materials. Learn how to find information.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- One (1) year experience of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Basic knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (cutting, bending, forming, drilling) is required.
- Blueprint reading and basic math skills are required.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Gulfstream Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC