- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of structural assembly experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication
- Experience with the military or with an aviation manufacturing company
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing
- Experience with drilling, reaming, hone and countersinking straight and close tolerance holes
- Experience using various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, floor-mounted power tools and precision measuring tools on structures materials
- Ability to perform work assignments according to written work instructions
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%. Position is based in Hawthorne, CA, however work at other SpaceX facilities for extended periods for similar work may be required
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.