Ascent Aviation Services •
Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
JOB PURPOSETo perform functions assigned in the repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures.
WORKING CONDITIONSPhysical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Hydraulic press brake, power shear, forming equipment, hand tools, lift equipment, stands, ladders, glass beading equipment, rivet guns, drills.
Work Location: Utilized base wide.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery, aircraft fuel tank entry.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Job Functions:
Marginal Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures including main landing gear fittings, aircraft skins and floor beams in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal parts, equipment, and products utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and nonmetallic materials, machining, and layout techniques.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal, such as stainless steel, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material, such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material, using scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers applying knowledge of shop mathematics and layout techniques to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Makes appropriate entries in Component Removal Log, completes identification tags, and repairable/parts routing tags upon removing components from aircraft.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Makes appropriate entries on routine and non-routine work cards.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience:One to five years experience in aircraft structural repair preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: A License preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Ascent Aviation Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC