Quality Control Supervisor
• Location: ORF
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time, 3rd shift
• Reports To: Chief Inspector
• Direct Reports: yes (number varies based on location)
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Expected
Let your careertakeoff with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Quality Control Supervisor impacts PSA’s safety of its employees and customers; ensuring our aircraft arrive safely and on time to each destination. This position provides direct supervision of inspectors at assigned stations and are responsible for employee relations, compliance and training of the maintenance facility.
• Plan, direct, layout and coordinate the activities of the inspection department at the assigned base.
• Ensure the Airworthiness Directives being performed at his/her station are in compliance with Airworthiness Directive.
• Indoctrination, recurrent and any necessary update training of assigned inspectors.
• Coordinate with the Chief Inspector or his/her designee about calibrated tools that need sent out for calibration or repair.
• Maintain inspector schedules to ensure adequate coverage is provided.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Planning Department on the scheduled work load for each aircraft to ensure sufficient time and access is provided to complete the maintenance.
• Make recommendations for possible adjustments in methods and procedures to increase safety and aircraft reliability.
• Issue Temporary RII Authorizations as necessary.
• Oversee the maintenance facility to ensure compliance with company policy.
• Complying with applicable company policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.