Aviation Maintenance Technician I, S/M
AAR Corp. •
The Technician A, S/M is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Highly proficient in fabrication, cold working, flap peening and jacking/shoring aircraft.
- Highly proficient in using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards.
- Effectively direct the work of less experienced mechanics.
- All other duties as assigned.
Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training.
- Hold a minimum of an A License. May or may not have a P license
- Computer keypunch experience
- Previous experience in warehousing, handling inventory, and bar code equipment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)