- Operates coordinate measuring machines (CMM) in order to make complex, precise measurements of the requisite materials.
- Performs gauge calibration functions of standard gauges (micrometers, calipers, test indicators, etc.)
- Performs visual and dimensional inspection on parts to determine their condition for return to service.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Ability to program CMM equipment desirable, but not mandatory.
- Operates coordinate measuring equipment in order to make complex, precise measurements of materials.
- Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts for product specifications such as tooling instructions, tolerances and dimensions.
- Verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to measurements.
- Reads and interprets measurement output data and element graphics data. Interprets data to validate measurement output.
- Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Liaises with engineering and other production staff as required to troubleshoot, research and solve technical problems.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.