Test Cell Technician (J85)
Hire Aviation •
- Performs a variety of complex duties related to testing and test documentation of aircraft and industrial engines, and/or related accessories. Includes pre/post repair tests; overhaul tests; setup and monitoring of tests; documenting test results; troubleshooting diagnostics; and maintaining archives of test data. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Sets up and operates specialized test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of one or more types of engines and/or accessory units.
- Determines and calculates fuel and oil consumption. Performs fuel sample tests.
- Troubleshoots and adjusts components on engines and accessories during testing process. Liaisons with engineers, mechanics and inspectors on test performance.
- Consults manufacturer's manuals to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature and other variables.
- Installs, mounts, fastens, aligns and adjust parts, components, wiring and harnesses to engines and/or accessory units using hand and small power tools.
- Generates and maintains engine test performance schedules.
- Calculates and evaluates engine test data.
- Completes production documentation and test and maintenance reports.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)