PDS Tech, Inc. •
Seeking a Toolmaker II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under general supervision, lay out and construct tools from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches.
Perform the necessary calculations of the material needed to do the job.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Set up and operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate and assemble quality tooling from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches.
2. Perform calculations of materials needed and the speed and feeds required. on all of the machining functions.
3. Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
4. Assist with tool prove out on new and reworked detail tooling.
1. Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a neat and orderly work area.
2. Operate cart and forklift. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years machine shop experience and/or machine shop training at a Vocational Technical School.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
1. Must have a good understanding and ability to apply shop math. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
2. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)