Tourism Aviation Maint Tech - Hilo
Air Methods Corporation •
, Hawaii, United States
The AMT is responsible to ensure that maintenance performed by he/she is accomplished is in accordance with the Company Operation Specifications Approved by the FAA, (for air carriers), Company Maintenance Policies/Procedure(s) and in accordance with the FAA and Manufacturers Airworthiness Standards as prescribed by applicable regulations, directives and good industry standard practices, for each type of aircraft, power plant or equipment that this company maintains. The position will be based in Hawaii at one of the Blue Hawaiian Maintenance Bases and may require travel to other bases as necessary.
The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Perform maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or related article that individual is qualified for. Conduct all types of daily duties; scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance. Responsible for troubleshooting of airframe, engine and electrical systems. Replace engines, transmissions and other components as necessary. Ensure that facilities, aircraft, ground support equipment and work areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner and IAW company standards. Sign off on completed tasks as required by the FARs.
Conduct 100 hour and 500 hour inspections.
Ensuring that safety is the primary factor in maintenance performed and that regardless of scheduling or peer pressure that the maintenance performed on an aircraft, powerplant or related article was performed safely and IAW applicable FAA regulations and Company requirements, prior to the approval for return to service.
Responsible to ensure that the maintenance and documenting of maintenance performed is done in accordance with the FAA regulations and company policy/procedures, as applicable for the tasks they perform.
Communicate progress on current status/work to be done to other mechanic. If this is not performed he/she SHALL document the status of this “partially completed” work in the maintenance “Pass Down” log prior to leaving the ongoing maintenance task or project.
Ensure accountability for all tooling, expendable items, parts and company owned equipment utilized by him/her during the performance of maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or related article.
Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor/Manager of any shortcomings that may arise regarding the technical manuals, specifications or serviceability of equipment and tools required to perform their assigned maintenance tasks. Provide recommendations for additional training or process improvements as they deem necessary, to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager, as applicable.
Provide direction to Mechanic Apprentice or Mechanic Helper is scheduled to work with individuals.
Input maintenance records entries for “work performed” are completed properly and IAW FAA requirements and applicable company policies and or procedures. He/she shall also ensure that that maintenance records are submitted in a timely manner and IAW company policy, as applicable.
Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Blue Hawaiian Helicopters employment practices and policies.
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 30
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue Hawaiian Helicopters will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- FAA Airframe and Power plant Certificate
- Good communication skills, read and write the English language.
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to comply with company and regulatory rules and regulations.
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision making is essential. .
- Hand tools, specialized manufacturers tools, diagnostic, measuring and analyzing equipment.
- Use of aircraft maintenance manuals and technical documentation.
- Flexible and analytical thinking and outstanding organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable in making firm decisions relative to safety in all situations.
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
- Flexibility in working under various types of weather and temperature conditions.
- Comfortable and safe in working near operating aircraft.
- May come into contact with cleaning fluids, solvents oils and fuels.
- Able to lift 70 pounds, climb and work in high areas such as transmission decks.
- Able to fly on board aircraft.
- Able to walk up 14 foot ladders and or work stands while carrying one end of a main rotor blade and the ability to lift the main rotor blade into proper position for installation with assistance on the other end of the blade.
- Able to fit into tight places and work on feet during entire work shift.
- 40-60 hour workweek depending on workload.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)