A&P Maintenance Technician opportunities are available in the Twin City area. We are seeking to hire A&Ps to join our 145 Repair Stations. This position is responsible for working as a collaborative member of a team tasked with accomplishing many different aspects of aircraft maintenance. We are located just 45-50 minutes from Minneapolis Airport.
Red Wing Aviation is an operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vistas fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Line service, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and components, including engines, accessories, landing gear, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, heating, air conditioning, and oxygen systems.
- Repair aircraft discrepancies efficiently, while properly documenting all work performed.
- Inspection, rigging and adjustment of flight controls and control cables.
- Phase inspection and repair on Cessna 560 aircraft.
- Annual inspection on piston engine aircraft.
- Engine removal, installation, rigging and adjustment of engine controls.
- Re-fuel, de-fuel and testing of aircraft fuel systems and components.
- Aircraft pressurization checks; engine run-up and taxi checks.
- Sheet metal repairs.
- Upholster removal, cleaning, repair and installation.
- Altimeter and transponder recertification.
- RVSM recertification.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Required Education and Experience:
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate (A&P Certificate)
- 3-5 years’ experience with turbine aircraft (preferred, not required)
- Past Part 135 maintenance work
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations relating to aircraft maintenance.
- Travel may be required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- A valid Driver’s License.
- A complete set of tools designed for or appropriate for aircraft maintenance.
- Implementation of a shadow box to minimize risk and FOD.
- Completion of employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
- Sign-on Bonus
- Starting pay rates increase with years of professional experience
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.