Unscheduled Maintenance Team (UMT) - Avionics Technician
Bombardier Aviation •
Unscheduled Maintenance Team (UMT) - Avionics Technician-PH2111
At Bombardier Aviation, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Argentina, Brazil, Guernsey and Mexico. The facility has received 22 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
The Base Unplanned Maintenance Team (UMT) Avionics/Electronics Technician will travel to customers’ aircraft to perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment. Perform and document all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Will also be required to assist the Tech UMT A&P where applicable. Working conditions include considerable travel, which may include international and extended assignments, with frequent face to face contact with customers. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned maintenance may be required.
In your role, you will:
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
• Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities.
• Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
• Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
• Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
• Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
• Assist in other maintenance disciplines – Airframe,Powerplant, Structures, Composites etc.
• Operate ground support equipment as required
• Conduct mechanical / electrical removals and installations
• Create service orders with SAP
• Provide time estimates
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations
• Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts
As our ideal candidate,
• You have attended Avionics / Electric A/C Technical School or other substantiated equivalent
• You typically have a minimum of 2 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
• You typically have a minimum of 1 year experience on corporate jet aircraft
• You have full proficiency of Grade 6 or equivalent
• You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
• You have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status with customers at all levels
• You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
• You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
• You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
• You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with 2 hours’ notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
• You must have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers
• You must have a valid drivers’ license and be able to maintain insurable status
• You have the ability to work unsupervised and alone
• You have strong troubleshooting skills
• You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
• You possess a valid passport with the ability to travel internationally
• You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
• You have the ability to obtain a Bombardier Corporate Credit Card and stay good in standing of guideline requirements
• You have basic PC Skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You have Bombardier aircraft model experience - preferred
• You have A Certification, P Certification, A & P Certification or Repairman Certificate - preferred
• You have FCC Certificate, GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate - preferred
• You have previous experience in Customer Relations with emphasis on face to face contact - preferred
• You have the ability to train other employees - preferred
• You have demonstrated Leadership skills - preferred
• You have strong planning / organization skills - preferred
• You are Delegated Inspector eligible - preferred
• You have experience with aircraft return to service and inspection procedure - preferred
*This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)