VC-25B Structural Aircraft Mechanic (Exprienced)
The Boeing Company •
We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. This is a unique opportunity to work on a Boeing Development Program for 747-8 modifications in San Antonio, Texas. Candidates will be required to relocate to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
Standard Relocation Package
Relocation assistance, if needed, has been authorized in accordance with this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires 4 to 6 years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
- Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum of six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)