This position is located in the Weapons Storage and Assembly Area at Ahmed Al-Jaber Air Base with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the oversight and enhancement of all Kuwait Air Force (KAF) programs and other issues related to Airborne Weapons and Assembly. Responsibilities include assist in developing all required Ordnance Safety instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and provide program management advice based on OPNAVINST 8000.16 Series, NAVSEA OP-5, and other governing instructions.
1. Provide “hands-on” technical assistance as the Weapons Storage and Assembly Lead.
2. Assist the KAF Officer In Charge in revising and updating the KAF Weapons Stowage and Assembly programs and other applicable directives, including implementation and monitoring to include development of all required weapons safety/handling programs, facilities planning and management.
3. Assist the KAF in the establishment of training and safety programs for KAF technicians. Lead will oversee all assigned Contractor Maintenance Services Weapons Stowage and Assembly Technicians, and to act as the Stowage and Assembly Quality Assurance.
4. Support on-the-job training and cross training of KAF personnel.
1. Shall have four years extensive experience in weapons stowage, handling, and assembly.
2. Desired background should be Aviation Ordnanceman of a senior non-commissioned level or above.
3. Through understanding of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series, OPNAVINST 8000.16 Series, and NAVSEA OP-5 and F/A-18 related technical manuals.
4. Security clearance required.