At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company in St. Charles, MO is seeking a motivated Lead Weight Operations Technician to operate the Mass Properties facility and perform mass properties measurements for production and development activities at the St. Louis site. This position supports Tactical Aircraft, Phantom Works, and Weapons organizations as we develop and deliver products which are employed around the world to support the defense of the United States and allied countries.
The St. Charles Mass Properties Technician provides support across multiple development and production programs. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the St. Charles site Mass Properties facility and maintain equipment in St. Charles, MO Building 598
- Perform/support Actual Weights measurements both in the St. Charles lab and at other facilities across the Boeing St. Louis site, including determining methods and equipment required for actual weighings
- Perform mass properties measurements at the St. Charles lab, including design, installation and maintenance of test fixtures
- Perform Custodial responsibilities for Capital equipment (including calibration, maintenance/repair, and loan)
- Work independently to ensure task conduct, progress, performance, and results are executed in compliance with established requirements and plans
- Support Mass Properties engineers
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience in laboratory operations
- Experience using all the following Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with using laboratory fixtures
- Ability to use basic Microsoft office products.Skills in Access is a plus.Clerical skills to manage equipment
- Strong communication skills with union shop personnel, calibration labs, and program management
- Flexibility on day-to-day tasking including willingness to do follow up communications with shop supervision, calibration labs, and engineers
- Attention to detail on report documentation and the actual weight and balance operations
- Ability to juggle support for multiple programs, set priorities, and readily ask for help from the engineers when needed to meet task completion deadlines
- Technical background sufficient to assess and interpret Romer arm and inertia table data
- An understanding of tooling concepts for the Inertia lab or lifting equipment (Certified Crane Operator)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years related work experience, 8 years related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.