The APG Manager shall be responsible to the Director of Maintenance for the planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling of the activities of the APG
team to support the re-delivery of a safe, reliable, on schedule and on budget product to the customer. The Manager, APG has the authority to establish and modify the
processes and procedures associated with APG maintenance activities.
1. Ensure personnel assigned to the respective customer programs under his department are qualified and are capable of performing the job properly.This involves assessing if the individual meets the operator’s required training and the individual’s job function against the employee’s specific skills and knowledge. 2. Be up to date with all the aircraft maintenance progress in the facility so that adequate inter-departmental coordination can be achieved. 3. Coordinates closely with the different Program and Project Managers to assess the APG manpower needs for each project and assign the manpower with the required
skills as needed. 4. Coordinates with the Human Resources and the Workforce Development Departments to address staffing needs.
5. Coordinates with outside vendors and suppliers regarding subcontracted maintenance personnel and other routine and non-routine services subcontracted by the
6. Manages APG mechanic’s career progression, On the Job Training, and succession planning.
7. Manages and coordinates the APG mechanics’ Paid Time Off (PTO), Days Offs, and Shifts, among other administrative matters, to ensure that it aligns with the needs of
the aircraft maintenance activities.
8. Monitor and continually assess the training and qualifications of the APG mechanics to ensure that it meets the aircraft project needs. 9. Train and assist his/her subordinates, including new hires and apprentices, in the proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
10. Review and recommend general tools and equipment needed to support APG maintenance activities, including, but not limited to, aircraft jacks, servicing carts and
11. Maintain the premises of the Repair Station in a clean and orderly manner.
12. Evaluate departmental operations, recommending improvements in quality, productivity and employee relations.Implement programs and/or procedures that strive for excellence in quality as maintained by VT SAA’s Quality Assurance program.
13. Resolve departmental problems by identifying the problem, researching alternatives, analyzing the costs and benefits, implementing the best alternative and
evaluating the end results. 14. Any other projects as assigned by the Director of Maintenance or the Vice President/General Manager.