Assistant Site Manager, Service Hub Operations & Aircraft Maintenance (NJUS)
The Assistant Site Manager, Service Hub Operations & Aircraft Maintenance will have direct responsibility for delivering mission ready aircraft at their Service Hub, including oversight of maintenance planning, execution and return to service at Service Hub locations. This will be accomplished through the various Internal Team Members and External Vendors who comprise the Service Hub onsite team. The Assistant Site Manager will develop close partnerships with NetJets Return to Service Specialists, Service Hub Supply Chain Coordinators, Service Representatives and the Service Hub Site Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performance of multiple teams and suppliers who deliver Mission Ready aircraft for use by the operation, in compliance with all goals, SLAs, laws & regulations. The Assistant Site Manager will partner & influence the MRO supply chains achievement of SLAs and performance goals for unscheduled & line maintenance, interior repair/restoration and cabin cleanliness & stocking. The performance and execution of all aspects of aircraft management within the Service Hub, including safety, and performance goals at the Service Hub is the responsibility of the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager. The Assistant Site Manager will oversee unscheduled & line maintenance. This will be accomplished through management of staff & suppliers at the Service Hub. When performing airworthiness/maintenance related functions, the Assistant Site Manager is under the supervision and control of the NJA Director of Maintenance.
- Manages Service Hub Vendors and provides leadership that models the 20/20 Flight Plan and helps develop staff and vendors for improved performance within their role. Maintaining a local presence and accessibility for team members on all shifts is important to the success of this role.
- In conjunction with the Site Manager and Regional Director, monitors and analyzes performance metrics and other data daily to ensure business goals and supplier SLAs are being met; in areas of underperformance, makes adjustments to plan, communicates changes and follows through with all levels in the organization. Uses innovation to deliver improvements in safety, service and financial targets as defined in NetJets 20/20 Flight Plan or the current goals and objectives of the organization. Ensures significant business relationships with our suppliers are being maintained at the local level, working in conjunction with other NetJets functions (e.g. Procurement). Focuses on delivering improvements among all suppliers in the areas of safety, quality, cost, and on-time performance.
- Ensures the Operation is kept informed and partners with the Maintenance Control Center, Line Planning Group, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Maintenance Training as well as Operations Scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned
Certifications and Licenses
FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P)
Strives For Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- Focused on aircraft safety, quality and reliability; well versed in the regulatory requirements associated with operating a large fleet of aircraft (preferably in a Part 135 operation)
- Understanding of business aviation and aircraft maintenance supply chains with recent field maintenance experience supporting business jet aircraft
- Adept at building strong, professional relationships to meet goals & objectives
- Adept at developing a climate that fosters team work, personal growth and open communication
- Critical thinker with demonstrated ability to develop & execute strategies that achieve company goals & supplier SLAs in conjunction with the Site Manager
- Business acumen with understanding of performance metrics and executing plans to improve those metrics in coordination with the Site Manager and Regional Director
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies and local airport committees
- Develops and utilizes positive relationships with FBO’s, vendors, airport operations and aviation neighbors to execute the mission and enhance the NetJets Brand
- Strengthens the NetJets Brand by collaborating with maintenance providers both in and out of our network, customers, regulatory officials and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
- Understands that a “Mission Ready” aircraft is one that is properly stocked, cleaned/detailed, on it’s launch spot with all maintenance complete and MEL/deferrals cleared for a seamless Owner and flight crew experience each and every morning
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit to develop their Service Hub as if the were the proprietor
- Ability to travel on an "as necessary" basis to assist other Regional Service Hub Sites occasionally, attend training events and visiting other local airport and providers
- The role of the Assistant Site Manager is to grow and expand their knowledge and skill sets to move into the Site Manager position in 2-4 years
- NetJets operates 24/7/365 and all employees are expected to work the shift necessary to accomplish our mission
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)