Aviation Chief of Maintenance
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
Aviation Organization Overview:
As the world’s leading exploration and production energy company, ConocoPhillips transports over 400,000 passengers annually in support of worldwide business interests and operations. Our Global Aviation Services group operates in the contiguous United States as well as the state of Alaska, and has an expansive fleet consisting of Boeing 737, Gulfstream G550, Embraer, Twin Otter and a Casa 212 aircraft.
The Chief of Maintenance works within ConocoPhillips Aviation to maintain a culture of safety with efficient procedures that support customer service.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively lead the development, performance management and day-to-day activities of the Houston maintenance organization (7 maintenance technicians and 3 line service) and Bartlesville shuttle maintenance organization (1 chief technician and 2 maintenance technicians).
Responsibilities may include:
- Overseeing the inspection and maintenance of the Company’s corporate fleet in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and Company standards
- Manage maintenance budget development and execution, the coordination of outside maintenance services, and the overall efficiency of maintenance operations
- Full participation and engagement in the ConocoPhillips Safety Management System
- Collaborates effectively and enthusiastically across organizational boundaries
- Manages the planning and execution of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on ConocoPhillips aircraft in a manner that ensures the continued airworthiness of these aircraft
- Coordinates maintenance scheduling with Flight Operations and Trip Scheduling to maximize aircraft availability
- Ensures that aircraft discrepancies are properly diagnosed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Supervises the procurement of parts, tooling, and equipment necessary to properly maintain company aircraft
- Ensure the documentation of all maintenance work performed on ConocoPhillips aircraft at the designated location conforms to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) and to Company requirements
- Evaluates outside maintenance vendors who bid for work on ConocoPhillips aircraft
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain quality work at competitive prices. Selects vendors to perform work on Company aircraft
- Manages the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the hangar facility
- Review and approve all maintenance related invoices from vendors
- Schedules maintenance and line technicians for ground and flight duty to make best use of available staff
- Hires and terminates maintenance and line technicians when necessary (with the approval of the Manager, Global Aviation Services)
- Schedules and monitors training for ConocoPhillips maintenance and line technicians
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Holds an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, with an FAA Inspection Authorization
- 10+ years of maintenance experience with high-performance turbine powered aircraft
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Able to work varied hours and schedules as required
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or related technical field
- Experience with Gulf Stream and Embraer aircraft
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate well with others, both conversationally and in writing
- Must possess decision making ability as well as managerial, administrative and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates a team attitude in communication, coordination, and compromise in support of the goals of ConocoPhillips Global Aviation Services
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of September 12, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Job Ident #: