Avionics Technical Sales Manager
West Star Aviation •
The Avionics Technical Sales Manager is primarily responsible for targeting Avionics upgrade opportunities, to identify sales leads, and then provide customers, Technical Sales Managers, and Regional Sales Managers with technical analysis in preparation of routine to complex work packages.
This position is located in the Sales office at our East Alton, Illinois facility with a standard work schedule of Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm,but the job expectation is to work as needed to accomplish the sales objective which may include customer entertainment/ dinners in the evening and attending industry trade shows and events.
- Utilize Salesforce.com, Amstat, Corridor and other aviation databases to manage and identify sales opportunities;
- Analyze our industry market, competition, service / product offerings and trends to develop strategies ensuring WSA alignment with the market findings;
- Identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives;
- Prepare a schedule of customers to target by date of next maintenance event for each sales region
- Call upon customers to inquire about the status of their upcoming maintenance event and organize internal schedule of sales opportunities based upon the probability of capturing the opportunity;
- Coordinate with Regional Sales Managers and Technical Sales Managers regarding specific maintenance events in their region;
- Provide customers with technical support including maintenance requirements, proposal terms and conditions plus other information related to customer inquiries;
- Prepare sales presentations, contract reviews and proposals to ensure the successful outcome of transactions. This may be completed independently or in conjunction with other departments as needed;
- Communicate with Contract Administrators to answer questions and provide additional input on RFQ’s to include reviewing quotes to ensure accuracy of technical data;
- Routinely maintain and update a database of relative pricing for specific flat rate and time and material job tasks;
- Attend industry trade shows and vendor events as necessary to maintain existing and develop new relationships.
- Establish relationships with key avionics vendors in support of future system upgrades and customers to target
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Technology or equivalent experience as an avionics technician; along with the intrapersonal skills necessary to explain, consult, and guide an interactive sales process with aircraft owners, their designee and cross-functional sales team.
- Strong technical knowledge of various avionics systems including Honeywell, Rockwell Collins, Satcom etc. as demonstrated by at least 5 years experience as a technician, technical representative, or sales position;
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other necessary software systems;
- Must be able to travel to customer events when necessary and possess a valid driver’s license with clear driving record
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)