Avionics Department Manager/Leader (Chicagoland Area)
Gary Jet Center, Inc. •
The Gary Jet Center is looking for an experienced Avionics Manager with a strong working knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical systems. We are currently and proudly a dealer for the following avionics vendors; Collins, Bendix-King, Garmin, and Gogo. Apply to join our rapidly growing Part 145 Certified Repair Station with both avionics and maintenance departments located in the Chicagoland area.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities within the Avionics Department.
- Responsible for the service and installation of Avionics equipment.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to staff and customers regarding avionics sales, installations, and repair.
- Be able to perform duties as required per the Part 145 Repair Station Manual.
- Verify department compliance with FAA regulations.
- Keeps Director of Maintenance informed of problems and work status.
- Maintains contacts at the management level of all major avionics equipment manufacturers in order to resolve supply problems and to keep abreast of new developments in the avionics arena.
- Supervises all Avionics Department personnel.
- Determine parts, labor and services in order to assist sales with quoting work to customers. Prepare and present quotes as needed.
- Ensures that personnel have proper training records for assigned work.
- Trains and assists assigned personnel in proper work procedures and practices.
- Promotes a positive and proactive working environment as well as presenting well to customers.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- 5 or more years of in corporate aircraft avionics and electrical systems - including Honeywell, Collins, and other Pro Line series.
- FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant Certificate is desired but not required, proof of previous Repairman Certificate, or relevant military experience (DD214 must be provided).
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation and regulations.
- Must pass FAA Approved Anti-Drug and Anti-Alcohol Abuse Program.
- Avionics install: 5 or more years
- FAA Inspection Authorization is a plus but not required
- Veteran of the U.S. Military a plus
- Aircraft specific training on Cessna, Dassault, Hawker, Embraer, or Bombardier business jets.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)