CBA Hazardous Materials Coordinator - T-45
Vertex Aerospace •
The purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the management and procurement of hazardous materials with additional duties as a Fire Warden. The position is responsible for managing both Hazardous materials and Fire Warden Programs at T45 Meridian. Participates in discussion/decision job actions, assists in the daily operations of the Hazardous materials management program and Fire Warden responsibilities. Acts as secondary to Hazardous Waste operations. Maintains all records in compliance with state and local regulations reviews facility operating records to ensure compliance.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stocks, issues and maintains inventory control on all hazardous material products. Prepares orders for Hazardous material requirements.
- Work with production to gather chemical orders and perform daily chemical deliveries to ensure no downtime due to a chemical shortage.
- Ensure chemicals inventories are maintained in a manner to not allow production downtime due to a lack of chemicals under the EHS manager’s control.
- Ensures materials are ordered in accordance with established priorities and in accordance with authorized production stock levels.
- Ensure unfilled and backorders are followed upon.
- Liaison with headquarters inventory data control personnel.
- Ensure proper entries are made on the Hazardous Materials E-tool manager. Be the primary focal point for annual inventory.
- Ensure proper certification, rotation, shelf-life of all parts and materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Monitoring of Authorized Usage list and expiration/extension times.
- Maintain and track on NAVSUP E-Tool, all HAZMAT Lockers, and ordering Compile and send daily status reports.
- Conduct training for Hazardous Materials Handling and Storage.
- Maintaining training records and scheduling training when due.
- Send Hazardous materials authorization requests for new material products. Organizing work center inventory and locker control.
- Organizing other documents related to maintenance and maintenance support. Maintain and implement upgrades to all parts of hazardous materials and control program to continue an effort to decrease the number of hazardous materials under the CHRMP program. Coordinate the solvents and recycled oil program.
- Coordinate Pick up of hazardous materials from production work areas.
- Packaging, labeling, and documenting hazardous materials for proper storage. Assist in Management of the universal waste program for battery and fluorescent bulb collection and paint-related waste.
- Assist in Management of the hazardous waste disposal from Naval HAZWASTE center. Assist the organization with hazards identification, abatement, and fire equipment checks. Ensure that all personnel (especially new arrivals) are instructed on how to report a fire and what to do until the Fire Department arrives.
- Conduct fire prevention inspections throughout the buildings for which you are responsible and report any fire hazards or any deficient firefighting equipment immediately to the Fire Prevention Office (Fire Department).
- Inspect and document each piece of Flight Line fire equipment (extinguishers) daily. Inspect and document each Dry Chemical extinguisher (ABC) monthly.
- Schedule fire drills via the chain of command and in coordination with the Fire Prevention Office.
- Arrange for lectures, demonstrations, and training by personnel from the Fire Prevention Office. Develop evacuation diagrams.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have five (3) years of supply/shipping/receiving experience. Previous experience in the Aircraft/Aerospace industry preferred.
- Candidate must be certified in RCRA Hazardous Waste and control and certified in Hazardous Materials Control.
- Must have basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must-Have a working knowledge of computerized inventory management in E-Tool and ERP. Analytical abilities are sufficient to handle technical and administrative details. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- The mental and visual ability to read, understand and interpret detailed technical publications and instructions.
- Must qualify for and obtain a DOD “Secret” security clearance and passport (if requested) to support contractual obligations.
- Must display a good working knowledge of assigned Hazardous Materials requirements. Must display a good working knowledge of inspection requirements and Company instructions. Must be able to read, speak, write legibly and understand the English language. Must have a valid state driver’s license and be able to pass Government licensing requirements. Must be customer oriented.
- Certified in Hazardous Materials Control (upon applying)
- Certified in RCRA Hazardous Waste and Control (upon applying)
- Hazardous Waste Communications Training
- FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
- Security Clearance Awareness Training
- OPNAV INST 4790.2 Program Awareness
- ISO 9001-2000 Program Awareness
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Egress System Checkout Certified
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- Climbing, standing stooping, bending pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking, and working in tiring uncomfortable positions.
- May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, are required.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)