The Flying School in beautiful Northern Colorado has an immediate need for a Chief Flight Instructor for our Part 61 flight training operation. Our fleet consists of 5 Cessna 172’s, one Citabria and one Vans RV12.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and guidance for flight instructors.
- Ensures compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) in the training of students and the supervision of flight instructors.
- Conducts stage and/or final tests given to students.
- Conducts initial proficiency check of each instructor to be used in a course of instruction; conducts annual recurrent proficiency checks in accordance to FARs.
- Supervises flight training activities and flight instructors; monitors flight instructor performance and makes recommendations; advises owners of operational discrepancies and improvements.
- Available at the school on a full time basis, in accordance with FAR 141.85, while training operations are being conducted.
- Coordinates with scheduling/dispatch activities related to scheduling of students, instructors, and aircraft for flight training; monitors overall student progress; ensures availability to flight students desiring advice or consultation.
- Maintains currency with regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment; reviews and updates all aspects of the flight training program; ensures training materials are current.
- Schedules and leads meetings with staff; meets with prospective students and parents; maintains a cooperative and communicative attitude with airport officials and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) personnel.
- Develops and maintains all curriculum and ensures all flight instructors adhere to and utilize approved training materials.
- Assists with public marketing campaigns including off site events.
We are a small family-owned business committed to offering the best flight training available in Colorado. We operate a casual work environment that allows flexibility while maintaining stringent safety protocols and procedures. We pride ourselves on creating a non-competitive culture for our instructors and emphasize teamwork and cooperation in all our staff members. Our team enjoys a high level of comradery, and our owners provide enormous support.
Northern Colorado is known as The Gateway to the Rockies. Our area is continually recognized for its beautiful location, diverse residents and was named the “Number 1 Place to Live in the US” by Market Watch in 2020. We enjoy more days of sunshine than almost anywhere in the country and as a result benefit from more flight days than most places. Our home airport (KFNL) is investing in major upgrades including the construction of a new commercial terminal and the only fully operational virtual tower in the United States.