- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of experience as a certified advanced rigger
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of all rigging equipment shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists, etc.
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment and write lift plans
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals and communications
- Strong working knowledge of operating and inspecting heavy equipment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- 3+ years of experience serving in a lead role
- NCCER certification
- NCCCO crane operator certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs. unassisted, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed - up to 5% travel
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.