Defense Program Manager (Government Contract Experience Preferred) - Englewood, CO (United Rotorcra
Air Methods Corporation •
Responsible for managing one or more programs/line of business in line with financial and strategic targets. The program manager is responsible for developing and executing program-specific strategies, for the sustainable profitability of the program(s), in line with budgetary goals and multi-year plans. To accomplish the above, the program manager is responsible for leading and coordinating effective cross-functional team efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Additional Job Requirements
- Lead/coordinate strategy development for the program(s) under his/her watch in order to solidify or grow the companys position and market share
- Monitor program profitability and performance versus plan
- Identify risks to performance and pro-actively work with other departments to mitigate impact to plan
- Contribute to weekly revenue and EBITDA tracking for the program(s) in collaboration with finance and operations
- Lead cross-functional teams to improve the program(s)s QCD performance and overall profitability
- Develop, track and report on relevant KPIs, including forward looking indicators, to effectively address any gaps to the financial/operational plan and identify/lead any actions necessary to improve program performance
- Identify specific opportunities and lead cross-functional teams to improve program performance and market position/competitiveness by executing on such opportunities
- Other Duties as assigned
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - up to 25
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university; and ten or more years' related aviation or aerospace industry experience and/or training.
· A proven track record in leadership positions, preferably in program management, sales, finance, customer support or a combination of the above.
· Experience in the relevant industry specific to the program(s) and familiarity with its stakeholders and requirements.
· Background and experience in aircraft modifications or MRO, air operations, and/or component manufacturing or repairs, with a demonstrated understanding of P&L management, strategic planning, program/project management, and aftermarket support.
· Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a team environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Strong focus on execution and delivering results.
· Ability to think strategically while also being able to “deep dive” into tactical tasks
· Strong continuous improvement experience.
· Process oriented and understanding of a P&L's multiple performance levers.
· Conflict management skills.
· Ability to engage teammates.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
· Familiar with ERP environments
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Hiring Salary Range: $89,650.00- $112,062.50
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: Yes
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)