Director Of Operations
Aviation Search Group •
We are partnered with a growing part 135 Charter and Aircraft Management company to help them find their new Director of Operations. Successful candidates will have a strong background in 135 business jet charter with previous experience as a Director or Assistant Director of Operations. Our Client has a “Safety First” culture and is looking for a likeminded candidate with a solid work ethic. This position comes with a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus an excellent benefits package.
- Formulate and implement department plans and policies in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations governing flight activities
- Ensure and verify that Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with applicable FARs and Company regulations and policies.
- Establish operation, personnel, and performance standards.
- In conjunction with the Director of Maintenance, coordinate the review and resolution of all planned major repairs or modifications with the Inspection Department and the FAA, as required.
- Responsible for departmental coordination between maintenance and flight operations, and coordination of all flights.
- Insure prompt reporting, filing, and follow-up action on required reports to appropriate civil aviation authorities.
- Compliance to aircraft operation regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all personnel maintain their competency through continuing education and training.
- Must have experience in Part 135.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in operations.
- Experience in mid sized or larger aircraft
- Experience in international flights preferred
- Meet FAR 119 requirements for a part 135 operation
- Familiarity with FAA SAS preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications and management skills with record of working well with co-workers.
- Must have excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task for assisting management in identifying, assessing, and implementing new flight initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)