Quality Manager & 145 Accountable Manager
Hillsboro Aviation, Inc •
Hillsboro Aviation’s FAA certificated part 145 Repair Station supports the maintenance requirements of our own fleet of turbine rotorcraft and turboprop aircraft, in addition to a multitude of Service Center customer aircraft for maintenance, avionics, and aircraft management needs. This position will ensure that all work performed within Hillsboro Aviation’s service center is accomplished in accordance with FAA regulations, customer requirements, and company standards of quality and workmanship. The Director of Quality reports to the Director of Service Center and Parts Sales, and works closely with repair station managers, inspectors, and staff to ensure work is performed to company standards. The Accountable Manager is tasked with the authority to make final return-to-service airworthiness determinations on all aircraft or aircraft components maintained in the repair station.
· Act as primary contact between Hillsboro Aviation’s Part 145 Repair Station and representatives of the local Flight Standards District Office, and manage the implementation of FAA approved processes within the repair station.
· Manage and oversee Hillsboro Aviation’s quality control and quality assurance processes.
· Manage the scheduling, completion, reporting, and record-keeping requirements of periodic internal audits.
· Perform routine surveillance of company work orders and maintenance paperwork.
· Maintain and revise company procedures manuals and documents.
· Track and maintain records of calibrated tools and specialized equipment.
· Work directly with service center managers and their teams to implement work processes in compliance with repair station and quality procedures manual.
· Work with the senior management team in development and achievement of short and long-term company goals and objectives
· Travel as necessary for customer visits, vendor audits, and operational support
Qualifications/Licenses· University/College Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in a relevant field, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
· Must possess a current A&P certificate, Inspection Authorization preferred.
Required Skills/Experience· Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent industry experience.
· Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to prepare and effectively deliver presentations and employee training.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects simultaneously.
Preferred Skills/Experience· Prior experience working in an FAA part 145 repair station environment.
· Prior experience working with Quantum (Component Control) software
· Extra consideration will be given to candidates possessing aviation maintenance management experience.
Job Ident #: