Elliott Aviation •
General Manager (Elliott Aviation of Minneapolis) FLSA Status:
Exempt General Summary:
Effectively manage the Line Service team to consistently deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining all quality and safety standards. To handle the customer service needs of pilots, passengers and crew members. Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the Flying Cloud Fuel Consortium
- Make arrivals (passengers, pilots, crew) feel appreciated by giving exemplary customer service.
- Achieve department gross profit quota objectives.
- Budget experience.
- Direct workflow through department so personnel are productive at all times.
- Maintains department staffing requirements by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintain exceptional standards of customer service by coaching, counseling, disciplining and evaluating employee performance.
- Properly train personnel in all aspects of department procedures.
- Quality control & inventory of all fuels and properly maintained equipment.
- General maintenance of hangars and grounds.
- Handle ordering of fuels, oils and parts.
- Sets prices of Line Dept. products and services.
- Preparation and implementation of fuel contracts.
- Prepare yearly budget for Line Department.
- Oversee all security aspects of the facility.
- Positioning of planes as needed by other departments and customer.
- Provide transportation for transient customers as needed.
- Maintain all service records.
- Oversee implementation of all rules and regulations for dept.
- Maintain fuel and oil orders for all customers training, charter, and sales aircraft.
- Assist line technicians as needed to provide exceptional customer service
- Public relations as needed or requested.
- Miscellaneous maintenance duties as needed.
- Managers and above are required to review all processes in their areas of responsibility to achieve continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, reach with hands or arms, grasp, pull and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to work in high or precarious places and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will have exposure to outdoor weather conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, fuel fumes, and loud noises.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
- Minimum of 2 years Lineman experience at F.B.O.
- Management experience
- Experience and knowledge in aviation
- In-depth knowledge of all refueling equipment and procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees in a courteous and helpful manner
- Approval under the current Elliott auto policy
- Certification in Part 139.321 Fire Safety
- Completion of NATA Safety First program
- Any training specified by the local airport authority
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Elliott Aviation is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #: