Doncasters Precision Castings, located in Groton, CT is seeking a Facilities Manager to join our team during a period of growth. We offer competitive rates of pay and excellent career opportunities for those who wish to progress, with relocation packages for the right candidates.
Primary Purpose of Role:
The primary Role of the Facilities Manager is to ensure the Safe and Reliable Operation of the Facilities and Manufacturing equipment, while adhering to all municipal, state and federal regulations as required.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance department employees, and the performance of repairs on all plant equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for overall conservation activities as it relates plant utilities.
- Responsible for the administration, planning and coordination of facility activities, new equipment installation projects.
- Responsible for the cost effective operation of the maintenance department in the control of both cost and employee utilization.
- Responsible to ensure the department operation is done in a manner that will contribute to the achievement of plant and department efficiencies standards.
- Responsible for the operation of the wastewater treatment facility, and the site environmentally related issues while adhering to all municipal, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the physical plant, equipment, machines and the facility.
- Responsible for the administration of the environmental, health program within the facility, including all hazardous waste operations, manifest preparation and all other environmental compliance duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for interacting with and controlling contracting vendors within the facility in the completion of construction and repairs of building and equipment.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of an effective preventive maintenance program, which encompasses all plant facilities and equipment.
- Stock adequate supplies, and repair items for the maintenance of equipment.
- Complies with all Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the economical operation of the electrical, water, gas, air conditioning systems, wastewater treatment and other utilities within the facility.
- Operate the maintenance department within established guidelines. This includes manning, overtime, material, supplies, and services.
- Enforces, promotes safety and other company rule/regulations to ensure hazard free conditions. Instruct facility personnel in the safe handling and storage of hazardous chemicals. (HAZMAT)
- Promotes a professional and positive outlook on the views of management in the operation of the facility and in the performance of their departmental duties.
- Actively supports all management policies, programs and procedures. Maintains department equipment in good conditions and observes good housekeeping throughout the department and other plant areas.
- Manages the development and growth of facilities maintenance technicians by coaching and mentoring subordinates to the highest degree of skills and knowledge.
Call 860.446.4857 for more info.