Flight Standards Program Manager
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
The commercial drone delivery Flight Standards candidate is able to independently spot ambiguity and respond by collaborating with teams across the organization to both facilitate and shape issue resolution. The candidate’s work directly impacts and secures team and organizational level goals.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Export Control License
- Identify and implement cross-organizational stakeholder inputs by authoring updates to publications, processes, and procedures.
- Own configuration-controlled processes to maintain compliant manuals and policies.
- Identify lessons that feed into continuous improvement processes, yielding change.
- Collaborate in root cause analysis efforts across multiple functions in crafting and fielding solutions to issues.
- Partner with developmental engineers to write and field compliant updates to operational publications.
- Build rapport and trust with regulatory partners.
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience authoring and implementing Part 119, Part 121, and/or Part 135 compliant flight operations publications or equivalent aviation regulatory experience.
- Experience interfacing with aviation regulatory agencies.
- Experience with change management and/or continuous improvement processes in an aviation environment.
- Demonstrated experience in business communications.
- Valid Driver’s License and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria.
- Advanced degree and 9+ years of experience authoring and implementing Part 119, Part 121, and/or Part 135 compliant flight operations publications or equivalent aviation regulatory experience.
- Familiarity with Part 43 regulations.
- Familiarity with the international aviation regulatory environment.
- Working knowledge of Safety Management Systems.
- Part 107 and Part 61 certifications are desirable.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Word skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)